We are looking for donors who are willing to commit to monthly donations to help with the cost of food for the breakfast club. As more children come (from 10 to 60 in the last 8 months!), we are finding it difficult to keep paying for all of the food on our own. We (Megan & Armando) also are expecting a baby in early February, meaning increased cost of living for us & less time for Megan to work her paying job! It costs us about $1/child/meal and we serve breakfast to about 60 people twice a week. Our goal is to raise $75/meal as we anticipate a continued increase in the number of kids who come! Thus we need to raise about $600/month. This would be just 12 donors at $50/month or 24 donors at $25/month. Again, if you are able to help with a monthly tax-deductible donation, the kids & we would be so grateful!
There's been some confusion about how to set up an automatic monthly donation, so here are some instructions:
- Go to HWB donation page: http://hopewithoutboundaries.
- Instead of clicking the subscribe buttons, click "Donate" (under "Specify your own amount").
- This should take you to the PayPal screen. Under the "Hope Without Boundaries" title, there is a blue area that says "Please enter your donation amount" and under that "Purpose: General Donation, unspecified amount." To the right is a box to enter your donation amount, and to the right of that is a box to click that says "Make This Recurring (Monthly)." Enter your monthly donation amount and make sure to click the box to make it a monthly amount.
- Under this blue area it says "Create a PayPal Account or Log In." Fill in all the fields below to create an account... or if you already have a PayPal account, you can sign in at the right.
- When it takes you to the page to "Review Your Recurring Donation," you'll again see all of the information that was in the blue area of the first screen (ie amount, with the box checked to make it a recurring monthly donation). It will still say "General Donation, unspecified amount" under "Purpose." But under that, it says "+Add special instructions to the seller" and if you click that, it will allow you to write whatever you want. Just put "Panes y Pececillos" and your donation will arrive at HWB with those instructions.
Hope this helps! Please don't hesitate to contact Megan with any questions. We are so thankful to those of you who are willing to support this ministry monthly. Thank you!
You can donate to the ministry of Panes y Pececillos in one of the following ways:
- BY CHECK: Make your check out to "Hope Without Boundaries" & include a separate note saying that your donation is for the "Panes y Pececillos." Mail your check to: Hope Without Boundaries; c/o Lesley Sagar; 639 Santa Camelia Drive; Solana Beach, CA 92075. (Please note, the address on HWB's donation page is NOT current!) HWB will mail you a receipt for tax purposes.
- BY CREDIT CARD or BANK ACCOUNT: Go to the Hope Without Boundaries' donation page (http://hopewithoutboundaries.com/Donate.html). There you will find a yellow button with the word "Donate." This will allow you to donate through Paypal using your credit card. You do NOT need to have a Paypal account set up (see the bottom lefthand side where it says: "Don't have a PayPal account? Use your credit card or bank account..." & click continue. IMPORTANT: When reviewing your donation, please click where it says "Add special instructions to the seller." This will open a box that will allow you to write that your donation is for the "Panes y Pececillos." When making your donation through Paypal, a receipt will automatically be generated for you while you are online.